For many, a home is usually a place for comfort and relaxation; a time to unwind when the day is over. However currently, many jobs are switching from working in the office to working from home. This also applies to students, who are now taking online classes.
Here are some tips on how you can focus at home and make your working space as comfortable and efficient as it can be.
- Work on a table or desk– Fight the urge to work from your bed or the couch. As comfortable as it is, the chances are, you might not get a lot done. You might even fall back asleep! Working on a desk or table will wake you up and you will feel more concentrated.
- Make your bed and clean your room– This might sound silly but making your bed right after you wake up, cleaning up your room will wake you up, and hopefully, dissuade from crawling back in it.
- Continue with your work regime– Try waking up at the same time and do what you usually did when you got ready for work. Put on clothes (yes sweat and yoga pants count- yes, you can get your athleisure on) but don’t wear your pj’s and you can put on makeup if that is part of your usual daily routine. It can help keep you stay focused on your work and staying awake.
- Create an agenda or task list– Right when you wake up and have your breakfast, create your agenda or task list for the day. Keep tabs on yourself throughout the day to make sure you are completing your goals. You can even write down the task you already completed so you can check it off!
- Get Creative!– If you are more on the creative side, make your own. Check out this earlier blog post on how to make a DIY journal! If you are an educator or a parent (trying your best to assist your children with distance learning) and need help creating lesson plans, you can look for engaging lesson plans on social-emotional learning.
- Get in some exercise, stretching, or yoga–Create some energy and wake up your body. It’ll also make you feel a lot better! Remember you are not walking around the office and will be more sedentary.
- Meditate– Doing morning meditation, night meditation, or both with getting you in the right state of mind to complete your responsibilities.
- Stay Positive!– Start your day with a positive mind. Write 3 things that you’re grateful for.
Following these tips will help keep your mind clear and give space to what is necessary.
I would love to hear tips that you have to stay productive at home. Please share in the comments below!
Thanks to APL Fonts